Manifested Solutions Counseling Services exists to provide Christian-based, clinically sound counseling
to individuals, couples and families so that people experience life change emotionally, relationally, and spiritually.
By "Christian-based" we mean that we believe that the word of God found in the Holy Bible has the final authority in all situations.
We also mean that we operate from a Christian world-view and recognize that we are all spiritual beings who were created to
be in a relationship with God. By "clinically sound" we mean that we strive to be in a constant learning process related
to our field of expertise, i.e counseling. We diligently acquire knowledge on an ongoing basis related to how people
think, feel, relate and act so the we can provide effective interventions.
"The purpose of a man's heart are deep waters, but a man of understanding draws them out." (Proverbs 20:5)
Manifested Solutions Counseling Services includes utilizing truths found in the Bible related to mental
health issues. We believe that it is very important to respect the fact that God gives our clients the responsibility to
make decisions in their lives.
John 1:14 reveals that Jesus is full of grace and truth, so as Pastoral and Christian counselors our interventions
include dealing with truth and experiencing the grace of God at the same time. Experience tells us that the presence
of truth in counseling positions us to receive and walk in grace.
As Proverbs 20:5 indicates, "The purposes of a man's heart are deep waters, but a man of understanding draws
them out", we understand the necessity of exploring and resolving root issues. At the same time, we aim to help clients
to make helpful changes in present situations. Since God's name "Emmanuel" means "God with us," we strive to create
an experience in the counseling room whereby redemptive dynamics occur between the counselor and counselee. This requires
the counselor to be "with" clients in ways that are therapeutic relationally as well as providing sound clinical treatment.
In other words, we believe that significant healing and growth occurs in the context of relationships. The dynamics
of the counseling relationship itself should be reparative, thereby providing a context for growth.
In all this, we have merely scratched the surface of what Christian Based treatment involves at Manifested
Solutions Counseling Services. It is our goal to relate to people uniquely (just as Jesus did in the Gospels) since
no two people are exactly alike. We do not have a single step by step blueprint that we use, rather we rely on the Holy
Spirit and the knowledge base God has enabled us to acquire to guide us to a redemptive path of recovery.
There are several elements that we believe are important in order to consider our treatment to be clinically
sound. While this list is by no means exhaustive, it includes the following:
- We are constantly in a learning process as counselors, which include discussing cases with other professionals
as well as keeping up with current developments in the counseling fields.
- We are members of the National Christian Counselors Association, the Sarasota Academy of Christian Counselors
and the International Clinical Pastoral Christian Association as as well as attend their conferences.
- All counseling approaches are carefully examined regarding their consistency with scripture as well as clinical
- We seek to identify and break pervasive negative patterns which may be called "re-enactments".
- Client strengths are indentifed and celebrated as God given and are pathways to growth.
- The goal of treatment is change or "Transformation" (see Romans 12:2)
- Clients are engaged in a treatment process which include assessment, diagnosis, goal setting, intervention,
- Both present issues and past, underlying issues are examined.
- Present problems are identified and resolved as well as the deeper developmental and or/maturity and character
We at Manifested Solutions Counseling Services invite you to come and experience growth so that your life
may be enriched as you resolve issues that may be small or very large.